International Freight Forwarder Assistant
FREIGHT FORWARDING ASSISTANT will be responsible for handling shipments from start to finish, ensuring that the transport needs of customers are being satisfied and will be responsible for maintaining a professional relationship with international and domestic existing customers and carriers.
Working within our Ramnicu Valcea office will become part of our international and efficient Freight Forwarding Dept. dealing with road movements of Full Truck Loads across all Europe.
The main responsibilities:
· Remain as basic point of contact for existing customers with transport orders, requests, queries, complaints and ensure timely and professional responses to all requests and queries received.
· Communicate with customers and suppliers by telephone, email and face to face providing help and advice.
· Answer all spot requests for quotation from existing clients by sending offers
· Calculate tariffs
· Maintain precise and updated records of all transactions (orders) and interactions made with customers and carriers in IT system
· Confirm all transportation arrangements by sending transport orders to carriers and confirmations to customers
· On a day to day basis update status of shipments in IT system
· Maintain control and communication through all phases of the transportation process including routing, booking, sending aviso, price confirmation. Respond to inquiries regarding status of shipments, ETA, ETD, provide proof of delivery as requested.
· Choose and verify optimum supplier for every single transport order
· Update carriers file in IT system.
The ideal candidate will have College Degree, some transport and logistics experience previously, communicative English skills and excellent customer service and administration skills.
Cv's are to be sent in english to email@example.com